Jason came down to Springfield during the Christmas holiday season and I managed to run a one shot of Cthulhu Dark for him and some other RPPR cast members. I’m not sure if I’ll post this to the main feed but as a special reward for backers, I’m posting it now just for you!
Happy New Year! We have a brand new After Hours to welcome 2017! Tom, Shaun, and I took our favorite post-apocalyptic RPGs with random character generation tables, deadEarth and Mutazoids, and made some characters with them. Then we discussed which team was better. If you enjoy freakish mutants with very randomized traits, then this episode is for you!
- CyberRogues: A supplement from our favorite 1980s cyberpunk RPG, Cyberspace! WHY IS THERE A YETI IN THIS BOOK?
- ApoKERMIS Now! A Ghostbusters International adventure about stopping frat parties…OF THE DAMNED.
- Abyss: Role play as demons in hell. It turns out that it’s a lot like D&D.
When I went on vacation last month, I posted a bonus actual play session featuring Caleb, Aaron, myself and a new player named Holly. The game was run by a friend of the podcast, Bas and it was a great session.
I was talking to Jason (who now lives in Kansas City) recently when he came down to Springfield to visit. He told me about a game he and Aaron had played in back at a local sci-fi convention back in 2014. It was a version of He Calls Me By The Thunder , but run with the Call of Cthulhu rules instead of Trail and with the same GM, Ethan of Technical Difficulties podcast. I searched the RPPR archives and found it, figuring you guys would want to hear it. Enjoy and thanks for supporting RPPR!
- Hellsgate, a Dark Conspiracy adventure for astronauts, psychics, and cyborg escapees.
- Broncosaurus Rex: Cretasus Adventure Guide, where Confederates enslave and eat intelligent dinosaurs.
- Dawn of DNA: A Villains and Vigilantes adventure involving a sperm bank robbery.
- Spelljammer: Concordance of Arcane Space – learn about how incredibly flammable outer space is in D&D.
We also discuss how movies are really other movies, like how Road House is really a retelling of the Wicker Man. Sean Bean is actually a character trapped in Stay Tuned, which explains why he gets killed so often.
We have a special actual play that will NEVER be posted on the podcast. This is Shaun’s first time running a game for the RPPR group! Using Slasher Flick, he chose a 1980s heavy metal theme for the game. It was certainly an enjoyable game but I decided to make this a special reward for higher tier Patreon backers. Enjoy!
Aaron, Caleb, Faust, and I get through the finale of the Future King and then talk about school in various RPG settings, like Dungeon Crawl Classics and Shadowrun. Finally, we give reports on various creatures using sheets from the AD&D monstrous compendium. Now we’re off to Gen Con!